We both agreed that the date nights need to be free or semi-affordable. Here is the list I came up with and will be adding more to as I go. I borrowed some and made some up- either way I hope it inspires you to keep the romance alive in 2012!
Check out my post for date night ideas by price!
1. Sketch out a blueprint of your dream house
2. Make of list of must-haves in your dream home (laundry chute, three car garage, spiral staircase, etc.)
3. Paint each other’s portrait
4. Deliver cupcakes, cookies, etc to friends, family, or nursing home
5. Plan our 5 year anniversary vacation
6. Make a map of places you have been and want to go. Make a list or places and sites to see.
7. Teach Vincent about photography and have him teach me something he likes
8. Build a fort and watch a movie
9. Watch home videos
10. Attend a festival
11. Go see a local band
12. Spa night!
13. Cookie bake-off!
14. Build out bucket list (as a couple and as individuals)
15. Make a work of art for the house
16. Walk the River Walk
17. Visit the State Museum (First Sunday of every month $1 admission. 1-5pm)
18. Paint your own coffee cup at a pottery place
19. Go to a Flea Market
20. Go bowling
21. Make a time capsule
22. Go to Carowinds (outside budget but that’s ok!)
23. Go to a bar to watch a game
24. Volunteer at the local shelter (homeless or animal! Everyone needs to help)
25. Have a water balloon fight with friends
26. Play board games
27. See a movie at the dollar theatre
28. Go to a wine tasting
29. Make a very specific list of things you love about each other (i.e. I love when Vincent is talking to someone across the room and doesn’t know I am watching him. I think he is so gosh darn sexy!)
30. Grab the pups and go on a picnic
31. Go to a Goodwill or Thrift store and pick out one crazy item for the other person. $10 budget.
32. Get up early and go eat brunch somewhere nice
33. Historic walking tour
34. Watch stand-up comedy all night
35. Make a list of potential baby names (for way in the future! It will be fun to see how much we change our minds).
36. Take our moms out for dinner (okay, I know this is over budget and includes others in our date night but I think it’s a great idea)
37. Make a 5, 10, 15 year “basic” plan (I say basic because life doesn’t always go as planned but it could be fun to dream it out!)
38. Take the dogs for a long walk
39. Make a gift for someone else. Just because.
40. Try a new work out!
41. Cook an exotic meal or cook something we have always wanted to try.
42. Have a picnic at the lake
43. Go through that junk drawer! Ew! I know! No fun- but it can be if you do it together!
44. Rearrange a room. Just for a change.
45. Play video games all night – Vincent will love this one! Especially with the new MLB game coming out.
46. Pajama party! Pop some popcorn, make a pallet, and watch a cheesy show or movie.
47. Go to a bar (during happy hour to save money!) and flirt mercilessly with your man! It’s sure to spark something ;)
48. Make a mix CD of songs that remind you of your time together. Not going to lie, one of the songs will be Eye of the Tiger because Vincent and I watched all the Rocky movies in the first few months of dating. Every time I hear it I smile.
49. Go for a long drive to nowhere.
50. Watch each other’s favorite movies from childhood. Vincent loves Angels in the Outfield and I have never seen it!
51. Have a rapping contest ;)
52. Do nothing but enjoy being together.
53. Mute your favorite TV show or movie and make up your own dialogue. :)
54. Go to a driving range. For about $6-10 you can buy a bucket of golf balls and borrow a driver. It's actually pretty fun!
55. Go to a shooting range. I don't know how much renting a gun cost and ammo but Vincent and I went the other day for under $20.
56. Go to an outdoor concert. During the summer, there are a lot of places that offer free music. Grab the pups, some drinks, a blanket, and enjoy the show!
57. Take a cooking class (may be outside the budget but could still be fun!)
58. Start a new exercise routine. Vincent and I started the Couch to 5K thing and have enjoyed doing it together.
59. Go window shopping downtown (or in an area that has some fun unique shops!)
60. Head to a local park and catch a game! We have a baseball field 1/2 a mile from our house :)
61. Karaoke... need I say more?
62. Break out some old board games - think Guess Who, Life, Candy Land, Connect Four, Mancala, Jenga, or Battleship
63. Who said date night had to be at night?! Get up and cook a big breakfast together, then climb back into bed to eat it!
64. Play 20 questions, or something like it. This blogger has a great list of questions! Or check out this one!
65. YouTube Date night - spend time watching funny vidoes! This couple even put together a list!
66. Break off the top of an egg, dump the insides, fill with paint, and take turns throwing at a canvas! Sound nuts? Check out this blog for more "info" ;)
67. Hire a photographer to take photos of the two of you!
68. "Let's go fly a kite..." - grab your honey and head to the park to fly a kite :)
69. Release your inner child and break out a slip-n-slide!
70. Nerf gun war anyone?
71. Or how about a marshmallow war!?
72. Pinterest craft night! Sit down, find a craft you both would like to do and have at it!
73. Star gazing. Oh so romantic! Grab the wine too!!
74. People watch at the mall (or other location). Make up a back story for them - but be nice!
75. Take a dance class - swing, salsa, ballroom - just get up and get moving!
76. Go Geocashing!
77. Go get a haircut together.
78. Go for a walk in the rain, sans the umbrella ;)
79. Head to the Farmer's Market and pick out your dinner. Enjoy with a glass of wine!
So many options how to do you pick!? Especially when you are as indecisive as Vincent and I are!
Guys! Here is a list from fellow blogger, Elliot, for you to plan dates! Check him out!
Check out Jennifer at Life in the Green House’s Date Night Jar! She color coordinated the dates based on price, planning time, and stay-in-stay-out factors.
Also, Ana from Ana’s Area had a great idea – write them all down and throw them in a jar and pull one out!
Don't forget to follow me!
And please "like" me ;)
I decided to add a newer “image” for easy pinning since the list keeps growing. :)
Photo credit Kathleen Amelia (www.kathleenamelia.com)